Thursday, July 31, 2008

Profiles.

Today I deleted my OkCupid profile. It gave me an amazing rush of relief.

Alan never did change his OkCupid/MySpace/Facebook profiles from "single" the whole nearly-a-year we were dating. I never said anything because that would be silly and pushy, but I noticed.

My sister found one of my profiles listing me as "interested in: both" and convinced my mom that I was gay.

My Facebook relationship status is always set to "It's Complicated." So far, that's never been inaccurate.

2 comments:

  1. wow. just, wow.

    i want to comment, but i don't want to insult your mother. i know *MY* mother refused to believe my sister was gay for a long time, to the point where my sister went back into the closet and is now unhappily married and cheating on her husband with a parade of women...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably made it worse by saying "that's not your business" rather than "oh believe me, Ma, you have no idea how much I love the cock," but dammit, anything else would've been giving in to her fuming homophobia.

    ReplyDelete